WELCOME!
THE MUSEUM
VISIT US
EXHIBITIONS

 

NEWS
WHAT'S ON?
SCHOOL/KIDS
RESTORATION
RESEARCH
DOCUMENTATION
CONTACT US
SEARCH

Post 6: The Boy Scout Park

Stort Bilde
You're now arrived in a block with formerly two houses. On the corner against Fredensborgveien was the so-called "Finn Church". The rest of the block was called the Boy Scout Park, and housed the Boy Scouts cabin.

Unfortunately we've not been able to find a complete picture of this block as it looked after the bombs had done their work. But the entire park, houses and trees an all, burned down. During the war the people of Bodø erected a barrack here, which got the name of "the Cinema Barrack". It was teared down in the 1950s, and the entire park settled with buildings. The housing famine in the early postwar years could not spare such a site.
Stort Bilde
The Cinema Barrack anno 1941. On the right we may barely get a glimpse of the burned out remains of Fredensborg. We can also see fragments of the fence which was teared down to stop the fire from spreading.

Today the park is no more.
Move on to post 7
Tilbake til Innholdsfortegnelsen

Back to Contents