2.3 The collected data
- Interviews with witnesses from 1928 (in the light of articles in the Tromsø newspapers, autumn 2002)
- Letters to the Norwegian Aviation Museum.
- The finds made by “Kvitholmen” near Bjørnøya in 1933, including a map indicating the aircraft’s position.
and Hoel’s book of 1934: Roald
Amundsen’s final voyage.
- Gunnar Hovdenak: Report to the admiral in command on the French and Norwegian Navies’ search for the Latham, summer 1928.
- Hjalmar Riiser-Larsen: ”Report on the search for the ”Italia” and the ”Latham,” summer 1928”
- The commanding admiral’s archives prior to 1940
- Regional State Archives in Tromsø and Trondheim: Archives handed over by Tromsø and the Lofoten and Vesterålen Police Headquarters respectively
- Main Rescue Co-ordination Centre in North Norway: Calculation of the drift of wreckage
- Institute of Marine Research: Brief account of ocean currents in the North Atlantic and Barents sea
- Meteorological Institute: Information on weather conditions, summer 1928 and spring 2003 at Bjørnøya Island and in the Barents sea.